Skip to main content

Matt Harding and other unstructured things


Have you seen the video of Matt Harding of ‘where the hell is Matt’ fame? If not then I recommend you to go to the youtube and watch it. I watched it much before (probably at the time when it was first released on youtube. A friend of mine had sent me the link). However I was reminded of it few days back when I saw the Visa ad (Yes the new Visa ad takes the concept from this video). According to the video description this video took 14 months to make and was shot in 42 different countries. In this video ‘Matt’ goes to different parts of world and dances (a very peculiar step. Attention grabbing and perhaps easy to replicate) and then he is joined by the citizens of that place in his dance. The second impact was greater than the first one and hence I am watching the video at least twice a day (I downloaded the video from the youtube for the purpose). I do not know what exactly inspired Matt to make that video but can sense a purpose. Watch the video and you are sure to notice that it celebrates the human spirit and joy and togetherness. It bluntly reflects that when people in Israel and Palestine share the same human tendencies (The frame shifts from Israel to West Bank in less than a second and you are struck by this simple reality) then why can’t they live in togetherness. In a way it urges all to promote World peace and work for bringing all races into the mainstream of development. It is a pity that we do not understand this simple logic and are always there searching for an opportunity to cut throat of each other. The ‘hysteria’ created around war, the ‘hatred’ spread through terrorism, the ‘divide’ created by regionalism and the ‘inequality’ propagated by casteism are all examples of our slow alienation from the concept of humanity. In a way throughout our history, humans have never adhered to all the principles of humanity at a single go. We have always been divided by region, castes, religions etc. That is the reason why I liked Independence Day in which all the nations combined together to wage a war for the existence of human kind (Though as always USA did all the work to save us. I am waiting for a day when the world would be saved by any other country. I showed my regionalism with this statement and yet I am talking of togetherness!!!). Yet I think that it is not completely impossible to leave in peace and togetherness and at the same time maintain a competitive spirit across the socio-cultural divide. I do not know what the hell did I write but when I sat writing it I was thinking on these lines.


Over the last few days I tried to write a post for ‘Blogworld’ but could not do so. I was busy to say the least. I am into the last few days of my academic life and thus have to work hard to make the most of the remaining time. The recent busy schedule was on the account of the yearbook of our batch which will be duly published and I was busy writing testimonials to all my friends in the campus. One thing about such moments is that you realize how blessed you are to meet these people. The people, who have spent two precious years with you; with whom you have shared all the joys and grief; who have made you laugh even in the most difficult situation and who have contributed a lot in making you a person you are. If ever I get time I will introduce you to some of these characters who have gone out of their way to make my life easier in last two years.


In a session I saw an ad by Shell ‘Don’t throw anything away. There is no away’. This is a brilliant ad which captures the essence of the recent concern over environment. Though Michael Crichton may choose to differ in the ‘State of Fear’ but we know that the threat of environmental damage is real. There is a lot of talk on sustainable development and in a decade or two we will be forced to make a conscious decision which will determine the fate of our future generation. You would find all the parties in the debate of environmental responsibilities have some valid justifications for their attitudes but soon we will have to part those differences to reach a consensus or we will be found as an extinct species by some other species after sixty million years.

P.S: The unstructured posts are result of the self imposed time constraint. Hopefully once I am through my academic journey I may well write something good.

Comments

hadn't seen the ad in the light that u threw upon it.
all nations united ,hmm .

thanx for the luck ,am going to read some of your previous posts for the GD's . hehe
Resurgence said…
@I'll try 2 be truthful
Gal.... I didn't mean all nation united in terms of physical boundaries but more so in a way that we can co-exist and live in peace... Why can't we give a better future to all the kids in the conflict zones and elsewhere??... :)

Some of my previous posts for GD... he he... You make me feel that sometimes I do write something of worth after all... :)... Njoy gal
arre i did understand that it was not in terms of boundaries !!!

ya i reread the brand SRK post and a few others again :)
Amrita~Ams said…
truely speaking..i like your unstructure post :)

do post abt ur frnds ll luv to read that :)
u penned down all the imp. issues..kewl!
nice read !
Resurgence said…
@I'll try 2 be truthful
Well ... Well... that SRK post is helping someone... whereas I though it would help only me when my friends starts asking stupid question abt SRK..... kewl!!
Resurgence said…
@Amrita~Ams
Thanks Gal.. Chalo kisi ko to yeh unstructured posts pasand aate hain... I'll write about my friends... but I can't promise when... I need some time for it... :)

Popular posts from this blog

Banku and Bhootnath Authorspeak: I was going through my old files when I came across this one. I had written it long back when I saw ‘Bhootnath’ and happily forgot about it. Thus, unfortunately it never saw the Blogworld. This post has taken few potshots on some of the best people I have been with and I know that they won't mind this narration. Now that I am a little busy to write anything of significance this may act as filler. I do not know whether I will ever continue with the narration though. Year 2060: Banku and Bhootnath are sitting on a rooftop staring at the beautiful sky. The vast expanse of sky has them captivated when suddenly Banku is bugged by a childish curiosity. Banku: “Bhootnath, tell me how these stars are formed?” Bhootnath: (Obviously forgetting the reasons behind the formation of stars, fumbled to reply. You can not blame him. He is dead for 30 years and has not opened books since then. And tell me how many living people have any
The Institute: Another Home Dark clouds gathered and decided to show their strength to the sun. As the sky turned dark and wind and rain joined the coalition of clouds, our cab raced through the streets of Calcutta. The sun was overpowered and I and my brother prayed to reach our destination before the rain hits the accelerator button. That was two years ago and I was on my way to join one of the premier institutes in India for my postgraduate studies. I was in awe with everything associated with the institute. At the same time I was a bit nervous and perhaps petrified with the thought of matching the wits of some of the best brains in the country for two years. My brother, on contrary, was happy, excited and perhaps proud of the achievement of his brother. After the drive of about an hour my brother pointed out “Look we have arrived.”. There was a pang within me as I smiled and watched nervously at the board of the institute. As we entered through the gate, the two large lakes on eit
Ragging A bunch of new joinees… Aha… One would think – Some change in the overall appeal (We will not pass the judgement i.e. ‘good’ or ‘bad’ until we have a thorough analysis done on the ‘impact’ of the new change) of the Office. However, since morning the excitement which usually accompanies such events is missing. There is some visible change with multiple groups of colleagues coming down to have a look at the new bunch of ‘Fachchas/ Fachchis’ and some going out of their way to extend a warm welcome to them and still I think that the ‘Occasion’ could have been grander. This preconceived notion about such an event can be traced back to my background. As an Engineering student (especially in second year), you wait eagerly for the ‘New Arrivals’ (at least it used to be that way when I joined Engineering and I think there is no need to mention the reason behind such anticipation). The much dreaded ‘ragging’ (Am I politically incorrect in using this term?) period eventually tur