Skip to main content

Random Thoughts

The best cities of one of world’s fastest growing country surrenders to the first flurry of monsoon rains: Does that country need to upgrade its urban infrastructure?

One of the latest airports at the Software capital of that country is panned by the International airlines for its flawed design of aero-bridges: Does the country need to implement its ambitious projects with more detailed planning and visionary outlook?

One of the leading business personalities states that most of the unemployed youths in the country are unemployable: Does that country need to re-look at its educational structure?

The media sensationalize twin-murder case to reap in TRP and garner readership often by intruding the privacy of the deceased and those associated with them: Does the media in that country need to introspect and come out clean?

More than half of the agriculture population of that country depends on the seasonal rains for their survival. More than half of the population depends on agriculture for their living: Does the country need to rethink its agricultural and rural policies? Is there any need for investment in rural infrastructure and irrigation projects?

The literacy rate is still near 70%. The drop rate is high and percentage pursuing higher education is low: Does that country need to stress on the primary education?

Basic healthcare is not accessible to common people: Does the country need to invest in the healthcare system?

International oil prices are touching new highs: Shall there be any politics on the important issue like pricing the petroleum products and sharing the burdens with the consumers? Is prime minister doing wrong by asking the citizens to act responsibly and conserve energy?

Despite being bombarded with public awareness ads on various TV channels and radio channels on conserving energy, water, environment, forests etc citizen of that country chose to act otherwise: Do the citizens of that country need to change their outlook?

P.S: I have many more thoughts like these. I wonder who has the answer.

Comments

AbhiTaneja said…
waah shanu waah....
ab answers bhi likh de! :P
rhetoric !!
Bhayas ke aage been bajane ko koi faida nahi hota , Its high time that
we should realize this . Every country actually sees this shortcomings , dreaming for a utopia is something highly chimerical.
Resurgence said…
@Taneja
Thanks buddy............ I know that you have not read the post ..... even then the comment is welcome
Resurgence said…
@Tyro
The rhetoric has to change into some concrete actions..... The problem is not that these problems have not been identified...... The problem is that if these are not resolved then the future may not be as bright as it seems........ Every country realizes its problems and should work hard to solve it rather than just quoting Bhains ke aage been bajane se kuch nahi hoga......... We are the ones who will have to initiate changes Tyro.
Abhishek said…
Any one can recognise where the problem is but finding solution to the problem that's a better task....
K.C. said…
I absolutely believe that part of the solving problems is to truly begin to look at the problems.

Many people really do just walk around like robots. Not really thinking about "thinking" about the issues.

Rather than focusing on the problems, I do really believe that focusing on the solutions is the answer.

You had very, very thought provoking questions.

On a different not, I have to say that your comments that you left for me where some of the most inspiring comments that I have gotten yet. I thank you truly. I do realize that behind all words written there is a real person writing. So, again, I do thank you!

Kayce

Popular posts from this blog

Banku and Bhootnath Authorspeak: I was going through my old files when I came across this one. I had written it long back when I saw ‘Bhootnath’ and happily forgot about it. Thus, unfortunately it never saw the Blogworld. This post has taken few potshots on some of the best people I have been with and I know that they won't mind this narration. Now that I am a little busy to write anything of significance this may act as filler. I do not know whether I will ever continue with the narration though. Year 2060: Banku and Bhootnath are sitting on a rooftop staring at the beautiful sky. The vast expanse of sky has them captivated when suddenly Banku is bugged by a childish curiosity. Banku: “Bhootnath, tell me how these stars are formed?” Bhootnath: (Obviously forgetting the reasons behind the formation of stars, fumbled to reply. You can not blame him. He is dead for 30 years and has not opened books since then. And tell me how many living people have any
The Institute: Another Home Dark clouds gathered and decided to show their strength to the sun. As the sky turned dark and wind and rain joined the coalition of clouds, our cab raced through the streets of Calcutta. The sun was overpowered and I and my brother prayed to reach our destination before the rain hits the accelerator button. That was two years ago and I was on my way to join one of the premier institutes in India for my postgraduate studies. I was in awe with everything associated with the institute. At the same time I was a bit nervous and perhaps petrified with the thought of matching the wits of some of the best brains in the country for two years. My brother, on contrary, was happy, excited and perhaps proud of the achievement of his brother. After the drive of about an hour my brother pointed out “Look we have arrived.”. There was a pang within me as I smiled and watched nervously at the board of the institute. As we entered through the gate, the two large lakes on eit
Ragging A bunch of new joinees… Aha… One would think – Some change in the overall appeal (We will not pass the judgement i.e. ‘good’ or ‘bad’ until we have a thorough analysis done on the ‘impact’ of the new change) of the Office. However, since morning the excitement which usually accompanies such events is missing. There is some visible change with multiple groups of colleagues coming down to have a look at the new bunch of ‘Fachchas/ Fachchis’ and some going out of their way to extend a warm welcome to them and still I think that the ‘Occasion’ could have been grander. This preconceived notion about such an event can be traced back to my background. As an Engineering student (especially in second year), you wait eagerly for the ‘New Arrivals’ (at least it used to be that way when I joined Engineering and I think there is no need to mention the reason behind such anticipation). The much dreaded ‘ragging’ (Am I politically incorrect in using this term?) period eventually tur