Skip to main content

I am a visionary but……………………..

I am a visionary. I know I sound pompous but I can not help it. Just take a look at the following instances and then pass your judgement.

As a kid I thought that I will make cars affordable to all:

Somehow Ratan Tata got to know about and he decided to take it from me. Before I was capable enough he came up with his Nano.

My mother tells me that as a kid I was a big fan of Mithun da:

The world now realizes the potential of his movies. While movies like Mrigya and Swami Vivekananda are favourites of classes, his B-grade movies have enthralled masses. Last heard police in several states were thinking of using his cult classic Gunda as a third degree method.

During my school days we were a set of three friends. We had our set of adventures. Life was good. I promised my friends that I would make a movie on our friendship which will be different as it will reflect male bonding:

Before I could even complete my Higher Secondary, Farhan Akthar thought it is better for him to initiate the concept of male bonding. I was shattered the day Dil Chahta Hai released.

I promised my friends then that I will recreate the story of three friends in a novel:

Chetan Bhagat had to ruin that for me when he published Five Point Someone. The idea was so similar I could not go ahead translate my feelings into a book.

Once I became more mature I thought that organized retail will help the farmers and will provide a viable option to the customers:

Before I could even think of getting MBA and imbibe enough self confidence to get ahead with the project, Reliance utilized the financial muscle to enter the retail in a big way with Reliance Fresh.

Once I realized the concept of love I thought of making a love story between a living person and a dead:

Shahrukh ruined my chances by enacting first in Mohabbatein and then in Paheli.

Coming from a state lagging behind in the infrastructure I thought that one day I will invest in infrastructure of the country and will have Out-of-Home advertising as an alternate medium of revenue from the improved infrastructure:

The infrastructure boom and the increasing emphasis of the advertisers in out-of-home media have just left me behind by few years.

After Lord of the Rings came I decided that once I move into the film industry I will answer Hollywood with a more lavish interpretation of Mahabharata:

Bobby Bedi declared his intention of producing Mahabharata on a grand scale even before I have read the entire text. Though nothing has happened till now. Many serial makers renewed their interests in the classic to serve the TV of 2008 with their version of our historical epics.

I decided finally that I will make a career in animation and special effects coming up with country’s first state-of-art studio producing world class animation from the country:

With sudden impetus on the industry and competition coming in I am forced to think whether I would ever venture into the field.

However some of my ideas are still to be implemented. I am relying on the fact that at least on one count I will be able to fulfill my dream. Till them I am not going to tell anybody about my ideas.

Comments

AbhiTaneja said…
Unfortunately patent on ideas is not applicable.. otherwise you would have been a multi-billionaire.

The best thing you can probably do is tell me your next vision as soon as you get it and then you might help me build another empire [;)]

Jokes apart...kitna globe maarta hai yaar [:P]
Well written , but quit true .
OHOO to think that all these ideas had actually taken seed in your brains is quite imaginable , one or two more of your thoughts and viola! the world will be a better place to live in
hey dude , thanks for the advice

& am sorry if i hurt u , was just trying to be funny not cruel , but obviously was clearly unsuccesful . sorry if it sounded more sarcastic than what I had intended it to be.Keep up the cool work .
hahahha let none o' us not bother , but pappu has to bother i coz he's the one who can't dance hehee
The Flash presentation was mind blowing specially the background score, was tantamount to some Spielberg movie, was blown off , hey
I have master my tooning skills , SALEY what about our animation movie .Mujhe hire karega na be ?

Popular posts from this blog

Banku and Bhootnath Authorspeak: I was going through my old files when I came across this one. I had written it long back when I saw ‘Bhootnath’ and happily forgot about it. Thus, unfortunately it never saw the Blogworld. This post has taken few potshots on some of the best people I have been with and I know that they won't mind this narration. Now that I am a little busy to write anything of significance this may act as filler. I do not know whether I will ever continue with the narration though. Year 2060: Banku and Bhootnath are sitting on a rooftop staring at the beautiful sky. The vast expanse of sky has them captivated when suddenly Banku is bugged by a childish curiosity. Banku: “Bhootnath, tell me how these stars are formed?” Bhootnath: (Obviously forgetting the reasons behind the formation of stars, fumbled to reply. You can not blame him. He is dead for 30 years and has not opened books since then. And tell me how many living people have any
The Institute: Another Home Dark clouds gathered and decided to show their strength to the sun. As the sky turned dark and wind and rain joined the coalition of clouds, our cab raced through the streets of Calcutta. The sun was overpowered and I and my brother prayed to reach our destination before the rain hits the accelerator button. That was two years ago and I was on my way to join one of the premier institutes in India for my postgraduate studies. I was in awe with everything associated with the institute. At the same time I was a bit nervous and perhaps petrified with the thought of matching the wits of some of the best brains in the country for two years. My brother, on contrary, was happy, excited and perhaps proud of the achievement of his brother. After the drive of about an hour my brother pointed out “Look we have arrived.”. There was a pang within me as I smiled and watched nervously at the board of the institute. As we entered through the gate, the two large lakes on eit
Ragging A bunch of new joinees… Aha… One would think – Some change in the overall appeal (We will not pass the judgement i.e. ‘good’ or ‘bad’ until we have a thorough analysis done on the ‘impact’ of the new change) of the Office. However, since morning the excitement which usually accompanies such events is missing. There is some visible change with multiple groups of colleagues coming down to have a look at the new bunch of ‘Fachchas/ Fachchis’ and some going out of their way to extend a warm welcome to them and still I think that the ‘Occasion’ could have been grander. This preconceived notion about such an event can be traced back to my background. As an Engineering student (especially in second year), you wait eagerly for the ‘New Arrivals’ (at least it used to be that way when I joined Engineering and I think there is no need to mention the reason behind such anticipation). The much dreaded ‘ragging’ (Am I politically incorrect in using this term?) period eventually tur